Please see below for the feedback I gave my fellow colleagues:
An Inquiry Into Inquiry learning
Thank you so much for allowing me to read your post. I found it very clear to understand and easy to follow. It seems that you have a way with words that allows for the reader to interpret what you are saying and simplify some technical topics!
I especially enjoy how you mentioned that Inquiry Learning can actually be quite structured, because I agree with you that often Inquiry learning is thought of to be quite 'wishy washy' and very open ended and flexible. Even though this can definitely be the case, I think it is important for people to understand that there are structures In place and it can be a teaching practice that is open to flexibility but at the same time specific to different structures.
You have gone into quite a lot of detail about the different GeSTE Windows which shows you have a really good understanding of what they entail. It is also clear you know where it stands and fits into the Australian Curriculum as you are able to make some really constructive recommendations.
If I really had to look for suggestions to improve I would suggest:
- Perhaps linking some of your in text references so that if the reader wanted to read more or see where the quote came from they could easily click on it rather than find it from the list at the bottom
- There is a lot of text, so perhaps some tables would be helpful
- I do like how you have colours for your links, but it might be good to make the headings and key words stand out more by using a range of different fonts, italics, colours etc to make the page more visually appealing
Thank you again and well done!
Inquiry Learning - Learn by Doing
Thank you so much for opening up your post for me to read and comment on. I really like the layout of your post as it is really clear and easy to follow. The use of tables and diagrams really makes it visually appealing and simple to see what you are saying and what your recommendations are. I really like the way you have displayed your suggestions as it draws the reader straight to the changes you want to see in the unit.
One thing that I learnt when I read your blog was reading about the '7 servants' as it wasn't prevalent in my unit so I didn't do a large amount of reading on it. So thank you very much for including that in your analysis so that I could learn a bit more about it.
It was hard to find many suggestions to improve but if I could suggest a couple of things they would be:
- At stages there is quite a lot of text, perhaps putting them into dot points will divide up the bulky text
- Some of the in-text references are not linked. Most of them are! But there are 1 or 2 you have missed
- The recommendations are fantastic but might be best to write them in dot points also to help cut back on the wordy paragraphs
Thank you so much and well done!
Miss Megan Elizabeth
Australian living in Johannesburg, Primary School Teacher, IT Teacher, World traveller
The Yogi of Inquiry Learning and Re-search